Friday, May 27, 2011

Fast and Simple craft project

Look at these gems I found at the local DI. As soon as I saw them I had to have them. I'm pretty sure I squealed with delight as I snagged them off the shelf! They're perfect for my project! Can you see their potential, can you??? Yippy!

And better yet, check out the price of these babies. That's right, 50 cents a piece.
I'll take it!!

After a quick wipe down with a damp paper towel--because let's face it, these pretty butterflies had been tucked away in some body's basement or garage for quite sometime I'm sure--I gave them a fresh coat of bright white spray paint. Who doesn't love a can of spray paint? I do, did I mention that?

And wa-la, perfect for my daughters pretty little room. I'm trying to decide if I want to hang them on the wall over her white desk. . .

Or on the wall above her bed under her tulle princess canopy.

What do you think, where should I hang them?

Keep your eyes peeled for treasures like these at your local thrift stores, add a little spray paint, and you've got yourself a fast and simple craft project that is sure to liven up any space in your home. :)

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done Holly! Those will look perfect in her room. Which is adorable by the way. Now why don't I ever have any great finds at DI? Guess I am going to have to keep on the lookout.

    ReplyDelete