Monday, November 7, 2011

Child's Art Display


I've been wanting to make this for my daughters room to display all of her cute art projects for awhile now. I finely did it. It was SO quick and easy!

First, I made the rosette flowers that will cover the nails.

I used the same fabric as I did to make her bed pillows so it all coordinates together, remember these. . .


Next, I measured how far up the wall I wanted my art string to hang and marked it with a pencil on both sides. Then, I hammered a very small nail {wire nail} where I had marked.
*I chose to use a smaller nail because I didn't want the hole to be too big in case we change things up a bit in her room, later down the road.
After you've hammered your nail in, tie your string to the nail. I used a dab of hot glue when I tied the second knot, just to keep the knot from pulling apart once I hung my daughters art on it.

After you've got your string tied to both nails, dab a small drop of hot glue on the back of your rosette flower and slap it onto the nail head.

I originally bought regular wood clothes pins that I had planned on spray painting white, but, then look what I found on clearance at JoAnn's! Cute ladybug clothes pins... Hooray! They saved me some work and they look great in her room! :)

Next step, hang your child's favorite art and you're done!

I love how it turned out! Now we have somewhere special to display all my daughters cutest art projects instead of shoving them on the shelf in her closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment